1a. For leaks originating within your flat: Turn off your water supply. Your stopcock is located within the cylinder cupboard and is the shut off point for the water in your home. Please familiarise yourself and test whether you are able to turn off the water or not.
1b. For leaks originating outside of your flat: Make contact with the owner of the flat you believe the leak my be originating from.
2. Mitigate the damage as best you can using buckets, containers and towels.
3. Contact the concierge and other flats you believe may be affected, such as those below you.
4. Notify your letting agent or landlord of the damage.
5. Notify your insurance company of the damage.
6. Affect any repairs as necessary.
United Utilities Customer Service: 0345 672 2888
You can also refer to our water leaks policy.